Website security is crucial in today’s digital age. Not only can viruses and malware damage your site, but they can also compromise the security of your visitors. In this blog post, we’ll go over some of the best online services to check your site for viruses and provide you with a report of any threats that are found. We’ll also discuss some other ideas for protecting your website from viruses and malware.
The Best Online Services for Checking Your Site for Viruses
- VirusTotal: Owned by Google, VirusTotal allows you to check your website for viruses by entering the URL or uploading a file. VirusTotal will scan your website using over 70 antivirus scanners and provide you with a report of any threats that are found.
- Sucuri SiteCheck: This service offers a comprehensive website security check, including a malware scan and a check for blacklisting. Besides scanning for viruses, Sucuri SiteCheck will also identify any vulnerabilities in your website’s code that hackers might exploit.
- Norton Safe Web: Offered by Symantec, Norton Safe Web allows you to check your website for viruses and also provides a rating for the overall safety of your site. Norton Safe Web also offers additional security tools, such as a website firewall, to help protect your site from future threats.
Other Ideas for Protecting Your Website from Viruses and Malware
- Use antivirus software: Installing antivirus software on your computer can help to protect you and your website from viruses and other malware. Keep your antivirus software up to date to ensure the best protection.
- Be cautious when downloading files: Only download files from trusted sources, and be sure to scan any downloaded files with antivirus software before opening them.
- Keep your website software and plugins up to date: Outdated software and plugins can be a security vulnerability, so keep your website software and plugins up to date to reduce the risk of a virus or malware attack.
- Use a firewall: A firewall can help to block unauthorized access to your website, including attempts by viruses to infect your site.
By using online services like VirusTotal, Sucuri SiteCheck, and Norton Safe Web, you can easily check your website for viruses and take the steps to protect it. Using antivirus software, being cautious when downloading files, keeping your website software and plugins up to date, and using a firewall can all help to protect your site from viruses and malware. Keep your website secure by implementing these measures.